I read this at whateverthingsare’s Blog
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags … I can’t cut a straight line to save myself and I just love the look of tissue paper sticking out the top of a bag with it being so tempting to open it on up and peer inside!
2. Real tree or artificial?
I prefer a real tree but the apartment I live in only allows us to use an artificial tree.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The past few years I’ve struggled to put the tree up the weekend before Christmas. With Lil Man on the scene this year I was ready to put it up at Thanksgiving but I held off until this past weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually on Christmas Day. My job doesn’t allow ANY free time this time of year so I have to do it when I have an extra minute.
5. Do you like eggnog?
EWWWW … SHEWWW … GROSS … UMMM NO!!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A pedal car that looked like a fire engine.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, but with Lil Man being so adventurous and with my having very limited space to display it, I chose to leave it packed away this year. Maybe by next year I’ll have moved my family into a larger place that will afford me room to put out all my Christmas ‘stuff’.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
An EMT jump bag. My ex-husband bought it for me knowing that because of HIM my certification was dead and I could no longer do volunteer search & rescue work. He thought it would make me feel better to just have the equipment. How stupid!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Depends on who they are going to.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I always say I’m going to finish early … but I usually end up doing the majority of my shopping the weekend before Christmas. This year … I’m doing it all on Dec 22nd.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
NO … but my mother has, does, and probably always will … she saves boxes too!
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Turkey and stuffing with cream corn, mashed potatoes, and yeast rolls. Don’t forget the Red Velvet Cake with real cream cheese icing!
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear on the tree … colored to decorate outside
16. Favorite Christmas song?
Mary Did You Know
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen … but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all … Rudolph the red nosed reindeer …
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel … and she’s beautiful … you can see her here
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas Morning. My kids always try to open one present on Christmas Eve so sometimes I would wrap their new Christmas PJ’s and let them open that one present before bedtime.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People using a X instead of Christ in Christmas. People who forget the true meaning of Christmas and end up trying to compete for the best gifts but they don’t bother to go to even one Christmas Church Service.
Feel free to take this to your blog and join the Christmas MeMe fun!