Todays Dr Visit

We arrived a few minutes early for Stasha’s doctor visit and scheduled sonogram this morning and we waited … and waited … and waited … and …  you get the picture.  I wanted to stand up and yell that for me time is money but I’m sure they wouldn’t have cared.  One of the girls in the front office finally told us that Dr. C was running just a bit late due to having two deliveries during the night last night.  She said his nurse had tried to call us but was not able to get hold of us due to the number on Stasha’s file being disconnected or no longer in service. I simply said “No, we no longer have a home phone, only a cell and we gave Ms. Nurse that information last Friday during Stasha’s first visit.”  Office girl was not surprised and she changed the number on file and told us it shouldn’t be much longer.

We continued to wait and finally Dr. C and his nurse came into the front office, looked over the desk to make sure we were the only ones in the waiting room and proceeded with his decision for the day.  He first apologized for keeping us waiting and told us he had been at the hospital all night. We couldn’t complain because just over a year ago we had kept him up all night with Stasha and her emergency C-Section with Lil Man so we told him we definitely understood.  He went on to explain that when he went to the computer to calculate her dates that by his calculations she is about 5 weeks and 4 days today which is just a few days short of him being able to really tell anything or to be able to do any measurements and we wouldn’t be able to detect a heartbeat today either since it’s still just a tad early.  He said that if we didn’t mind he was going to wait another week to do the Sonogram and other first ‘big’ prenatal stuff. We were both a little disappointed but we understood and told him we could wait if he thought it would be best so we have another appointment next Friday morning at 9:30 for the Sonogram and ‘stuff’.  He said that by then we should definitely be able to pickup the heartbeat and see more than just a yolk sac.  Stasha was really disappointed but I told her it was best to wait because if they did it today and didn’t get a heartbeat then she would worry herself sick until the next one and it just wasn’t worth the worry.  He did tell her it was good that we came in today though cause Stasha does have a urinary tract infection that needed to be aggressively treated and it couldn’t wait another week.  I had a feeling something like that was going on and she did have a history of them during her pregnancy with Lil Man so I wasn’t surprised and I don’t think she was either.

Continue to drop by … I will update as things happen!


1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. Rhi
    Mar 10, 2008 @ 17:59:23

    Hey! You have a blog, hurray!

    It seems like around here dr’s don’t see the mommies until their 9th or so week, from what I remember from my girlfriends. Frustrating for them!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: